Restoring the Priesthood
What Does Restoring the Priesthood Mean?
The world has always been against the prophets and the priests of God. There is a major crisis of the priesthood, but God wants to restore the priests.
There is a breakdown in society because there is an absence of priesthood. The way the priest is, is also how the people will be.
The priest is the moral compass of society and the priest is spiritually responsible for the home. Wherever the priest goes, that is the direction society follows. If the society is corrupt, that means the priests are corrupt. If a priest does not pray and take responsibility that will reflect on the people, their families, and overall in society.
What legitimizes the church is the priesthood. We are all, men and women, priests and kings. However, people are not doing their functions as priests.
Why is there an absence of priesthood in the church?
1. The main cause is the rejection of knowledge.
- When we, as believers, reject knowledge, we reject how to be a priest for God. However, the Word says if you reject the knowledge of the priest, God will forget you and your children.
2. The second reason is a matriarchal curse in society.
- There has been an idea that all the things of God are only for women, such as prayer and worship. This has caused men to abdicate and give away their authority to the women.
3. The third reason is the spirit of Jezebel.
- The main function of this spirit is to destroy priesthood. Instead of being a helper to seek God, this spirit destroys manhood. This spirit makes man nothing to the point that it causes a man to be absent of all spiritual things. This is why there is a spirit in the church that favors a single gender and there is no clear priesthood.
Who is a priest?
A priest is one that stands between God and the people.
In prayer and intercession, your identity is always that of the priest. If you pray as a priest, no matter your age or culture, you will know your identity in prayer.
The keyword for any priest, for any man or woman of God, is sacrifice. A priest is constituted to offer up sacrifices to God on behalf of the people. As priests, we must always have something to offer up our Father.
The priest is the one that presents themselves first before presenting other people before God.
Before we ever present ourselves for our family or friends, our function as a priest is to present ourselves first as a sacrifice. It is illegal to start presenting our families if we have not presented ourselves first to God.
The second coming of Jesus is connected to the restoration of the priesthood because the function of the priest is to pray on behalf of the people, on behalf of the bride of Christ. That is why we must take our responsibility as priests.
In this case the word sacrifice means to draw near to God. Sacrifice is commitment. Every time we sacrifice with fasting, prayer, and worship, we draw near to God.
A sacrifice is never a sacrifice until something dies. Whatever we don’t sacrifice to God on the altar, whether it is our desires or our visions, that area that is not surrendered becomes an idol before God. When these things become our idols God will not fulfill our visions and dreams.
Your visions and dreams:
Put everything, including your visions and dreams, on the altar as a sacrifice to God. Even if we have nothing, we must be committed to serve God.
Until we give our dreams and desires to God, He will not be able to give us the abundance He wants to give us. Because we gave our desires to Him, God will give us back our dreams and fulfill our purpose. He wants us to trust Him.
God wants His children to depend on Him. When we give everything we have to our Heavenly Father and seek the kingdom He will give us the desires of our heart. This sacrifice will draw us closer to God and as a priest we will be able to intercede on behalf of our families, friends and society.